Digital cameras need more wireless options
You've probably used a digital camera before, even if it was just a friend's camera.
Ever notice how much of a pain in the ass it is to get the photos from the camera to the computer?
My definition of "pain in the ass": Anything that requires a wire or the use of a memory card (remove card from cam, insert to computer, etc.)
My recently acquired FujiFilm A820 actually does have a wireless option. It's called IR-Simple. That's great, but the problem is that you need an IR-Simple compatible device. You can transfer photos between FinePix series cameras, some printers and a few other options, but nothing really anyone already has.
One wireless option that lots of people have is Bluetooth. My laptop has it already and lots of other laptops have it built-in also. But to find a digital camera that has Bluetooth connectivity? Good luck.
I searched B&H Photo for any digital camera that has Bluetooth. None exist.
Bluetooth exists in keyboards, mice and even some printers. Why not digital cameras?
Am I missing something here? How difficult would it be to put Bluetooth wireless in a digital camera?
12 days until the next newsletter. Don't miss out.
👍 Like this article? Send a tip.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Cheap guitar collectible for end of 2021, Squier Bullet Stratocaster HT
- There's still a need for the Tascam DP-006
- This year's Thanksgiving guitar, Gretsch G5031FT Rancher
- A thing to watch out for with cheap Strat copy guitars
- Burgundy Mist makes an appearance on a very affordable Telecaster
- Two mailing address solutions we don't use but should
- Bad vision friendly watch, Casio W218
- How I feel about the phone these days as a Gen-X in the 20s
- A better green Fender Telecaster
- Living with a high mileage car (over 144,000 miles!)