The Christmas television commercials are getting into full swing now. Just about all of them are very annoying. There's one I particularly loathe by Kohl's. At first I (swear to God) thought it was a GAP commercial. It shows happy shiny dancy white, black and asian (gotta have the right mix y'know) people jumping and dancing around in full Christmas color garb with big gold boxes donning bows on them.
You'll note I said Christmas season, not "Holiday season". Companies these days are so frightened to offend anyone that they never say the word "Christmas" in any of their commercials, which is another way of saying "We don't care what flippin' holiday you celebrate, just buy from us."
Watch tv commercials and count how many times you hear "...this holiday season" or "...your holiday season".
It's very corporate and cold, something this time of year shouldn't be about at all.
More articles to check out
- Back when a 3.5" screen was good enough (and still is)
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed