Earlier today (around 11am) I got my Brighthouse internet service turned on. The installers knew what they were doing and got the job done right. Very, very cool. I am very happy to be back online again at my own place.
I immediately noticed the transfer speeds are faster and more stable compared to Verizon DSL. Big perk considering what I do for a living, obviously. 🙂
Roughly half my stuff is still in unpacked state. I was going to do the rest today but said fuggit and slept instead because I was just too tired.
Concerning the new place, here's the scoop on that. A lot of this is going to sound seriously dopey but it's a big deal to me:
Having an actual bedroom is awesome.
It's hard to believe now that I got by as long as I did with a tiny 286-square-foot studio apartment. But yeah, I did. Now I'm in a place with 525 square feet and having a real bedroom is absolutely wonderful.
Having lots of closet space is super-awesome.
The other apartment had two very tiny closets. This place has three, all large. Two of them are walk-in. In addition to that I also have the utility room where the washer/dryer goes for extra space plus a crawl space besides that.
The washer/dryer stuff will be coming later on. I can't afford it right now but I'll save up a few pennies and finally be able to do laundry at my own place. And I can't even begin to tell you how cool that is.
It is extremely unlikely I ever would have been able to afford this at the stomping grounds.
A place like the one I have now would easily run for $1200 a month anywhere in Connecticut. In Florida it's significantly less for the same stuff.
. . .
I feel like Mr. Big Guy right now because of my new digs. It's a really awesome feeling. Truly. I mean, sheesh... it took me SO LONG to get this far, but I went the distance (literally) and made it happen.
Hey, maybe I'm a late bloomer, but I'm really happy with what I have.
Better late than never I suppose. 🙂
More articles to check out
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago
- Fender actually came correct with the Jag-Stang this time
- $10 fix for Fender Stratocaster tight string tension problem
- Alnico vs. ceramic magnet electric guitar pickups
- This is the proper orientation for a Stratocaster knob
- 2021 Fender Player Stratocaster Limited Edition Surf Pearl
- And then there were two (guitar minimalism)
- The 2,140 Calorie milkshake
- Reverse headstock S-style with "cheese wheel" for cheap