As of today I've set the answering machine on my land-line phone to greeting-only (i.e. will not take any messages). I get calls almost every weekday from bill collectors and attorneys asking for people that don't live here. Sometimes they ask for the debt-dodging previous resident, and other times they ask for people I've never heard of. Mostly "Tom" and "Paul".
The only reason I have the land-line is for DSL and nothing else. But I do use it whenever I have to make a local call, so it's not a total waste of cash.
More articles to check out
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago
- Fender actually came correct with the Jag-Stang this time
- $10 fix for Fender Stratocaster tight string tension problem
- Alnico vs. ceramic magnet electric guitar pickups
- This is the proper orientation for a Stratocaster knob
- 2021 Fender Player Stratocaster Limited Edition Surf Pearl
- And then there were two (guitar minimalism)
- The 2,140 Calorie milkshake
- Reverse headstock S-style with "cheese wheel" for cheap