things that happened over the weekend
Circuit City is going out of business and they've been touting this EVERYTHING MUST GO crapola, so I figured I'd stop by just to see if there were any good deals on anything.
What I found was that things were (supposedly) marked down 10%. That's it. There was absolutely nothing in the store worth buying. Everything was overpriced as usual.
I kind of knew this even before going, but said to myself, "Well, maybe this time it will be different." Nope. Same old crap. When a store is going out of business, the first thing they do is mark everything up. Circuit City was no different.
Oh, and the store was an absolute mess. Open boxes everywhere, broken display items, etc. The whole thing was just sad.
~ ~ ~
For the past week I've been in search of what's called a bead curtain. You may know these as door beads or "hippie beads". I have this small passageway between my living room and the bathroom and a bead curtain would fit there neatly.
Wal-Mart doesn't have them and evidently nobody else does either. I even went to a "Bed, Bath & Beyond" looking for the stupid thing and they didn't have it (but did pick up a shower caddy and a new bathmat because I needed one).
The search continues.
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984