you must be this tall
I just found out about this and it saddened me a bit. The front gate for the old Rocky Point Park in Rhode Island was finally torn down.
I'm sure there are a few out there who would say Hey! Why didn't someone save it or move it elsewhere? The reason for why no one tried is fairly obvious; the thing is just too big and even if you could save it, there would be nowhere to put it other than where it was standing.
As is stated in a comment on the link above, that gate was the only thing left that showed Rocky Point Park ever existed.
There's a girl I know (married now) who I know that lives in Rhode Island. I was thinking of ringing her up to see if she wanted to go to the Rocky Point Movie premiere at the Stadium Theatre in Woonsocket on September 7th.
Would it be worth it to catch a flight to T.F. Green just to see this movie?
To that girl: If you happen to read this and are interested, e-mail me. I wanna go. 🙂
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984