12 bucks wasted
Even though I hardly ever use my cell phone (which is a LG VX3200 by the way), I am getting kinda tired of looking at the same old wallpaper over and over again. The ringtones completely suck, too. I noticed there was a little port on the bottom.. "Hm.. must be for data!", so I popped on to eBay and bought a cable. With shipping it was 12 bucks.
I received the cable today and was happy, because now I could go and change the ringtones and wallpapers and so on.
Or so I thought.
Does the cable work? Sure. Does it allow me to modify ringtones and wallpaper? Absolutely not. It will charge the phone, but it absolutely will not send/receive any data whatsoever.
After scrounging around the 'net trying to find a tutorial on how to get the cable to work for data transfers, I found this thread and followed the instructions. No go. Windows XP will not detect the "USB Prolific" device as stated in the tutorial. I don't know why because even though it's not specifically a "FutureDial" cable, it has the same compatibility.
I suppose it is kinda neat that I can use USB to charge my phone, but what I really wanted was some different wallpaper. Ah well. I don't look at it much anyway.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see