city navigator nt v8 goodness
My City Navigator NT v8 DVD (North America) for my Garmin StreetPilot c340 arrived today. The update/upgrade is being performed as I write this. It takes a really, really long time for the update to complete (at least 40 minutes). This is okay because after all, this is an upgrade from v7 to v8, and it's a huge amount of data.
The update process is a bit interesting. Well.. for me it's interesting. Pop has a StreetPilot 2720 and I have a c340. I have Garmin unlock codes for both. I used the 2720 code thinking it would work for the c340 as well. Nope. The unlock code specific to the c340 needs to be in MapSource. So I entered in both unlock codes and ta-da, the update is now working.
I will say that the my.garmin.com web site works well. The codes were delivered properly, and an e-mail notification was sent to me upon successful unlock registration of each unit. No issues whatsoever. I was happy about that.
My only complaint has nothing to do with the update process. The jewel case of the DVD states "46 updated cities and expanded metro areas", but nowhere does it state what cities/metros were updated. It would be nice if the updated regions were actually listed, because I wanted to know if Florida (or anywhere within the State of Florida) was one of areas updated. I'm sure it is, but I don't have any confirmation of that. Oh, well. No biggie.
The update is 80% complete as I finish this post. After this I will be heading up north to see Pop. By the way, if you do have a "c" series StreetPilot, I have a bunch of splash screens I posted on my crappy came-with-ISP-account freebie site. If you're familiar with xImage, check 'em out. You may find one you like. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see