Yesterday I finally broken down and bought a paper shredder. The one I had previously didn't make it when I moved to Florida.
Some probably think you have to be paranoid to own a shredder, but I consider it mandatory. I had a huge stack of papers I couldn't throw out because they contained all sorts of billing crap. That huge stack is now confetti. 😀
. . .
My search ended for something that's actually been quite a challenge to find: Little notepads.
Little pads are about the size of your hand (with fingers out), very rectangular, are spiral-bound and contain 70 or so blank ruled pages.
Staples was the only place that had these lil' notepads. It costs almost five bucks for five pads.
I mention this only because they were so difficult to locate. I remember when you used to be able to find these just about anywhere but now they seem to be scarce for whatever reason.
Ten good reasons why I like little notepads:
- It's rectangular. A sheet of paper shaped like a rectangle makes sense, not a square-shaped one.
- No sticky stuff (i.e. Post-It's).
- It has ruled lines.
- Fits in the glove box of any car better than a squared-off Post-It pad.
- Doesn't curl over time like Post-It pads do.
- You can write on both sides of it easily.
- You can write multi-page notes since it's spiral-bound.
- Fits in a pocket easier.
- They're cheaper than Post-It's and you get more paper.
- The spiral allows you to clip a pen on it so you always have a pen with the pad (genius!)
. . .
I got sick of the blacked-out theme (as I always do) and decided to go with the stock Kubrick WordPress theme. I finally figured out how to make the columns slightly wider to fit my photos better. Once I figured out where that was in the CSS it was easy after that.
More articles to check out
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp