New iMac impressions
Well okay, here we go. This is my first blog entry using my new iMac. I got it this morning.
The first thing I'm having to get used to is the keyboard and mouse. I find myself mistyping a few things but nothing major. The Mighty Mouse is also odd but I think I'll get used to it.. it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Actually it's quite good. I'm glad that I can adjust the right side of it to be a secondary click.
The 20" widescreen display is nothing short of phenomenal. Holy CRAP is it good. It's huge, colorful and well.. nothing I can say here will be able to accurately describe how it looks. You just have to see one (and use one) for yourself.
I haven't installed Final Cut yet because I still have to get used to this new computer. I've been able to install Firefox successfully and Thunderbird is next on my list. Apps seems to install without a problem. It's very different how they install compared to Windows but it's nothing I can't master.
This may sound corny, but the iMac is very.. futuristic. I'm impressed. Once I get to actual video editing we'll see if this thing can live up to its claims, but so far so good.
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984