nine one one
Today is the five-year anniversary of our generation's version of Pearl Harbor.
The first thing that springs to mind is It's been five years? Yep. Seems like it happened much more recently, but it hasn't.
While in Inverness watching television, I noticed all the news channels are trying to keep their cool about it, but most of them are failing and promoting (yes, I said promoting) the bejeezus out of it. After all, it is a news story that can't really compare to anything else short of aliens landing and saying "What's up?"
Some believe 9/11 should be a holiday. I disagree, because that means that 12/7 (that's Pearl Harbor) and 11/22 would also have to be holidays - which they aren't.
Most people I know would completely forget about today if I didn't mention it here. I suppose it's something you don't necessarily think about all the time. This isn't to lessen the importance of the day whatsoever - but I think the USA as a whole is finally coming to terms with the fact that life must go on.
And to all you 9/11 conspiracy theory freaks out there - leave your opinions at bay. Just for today. Thanks.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see