Not that brave
The above is me downloading a "desktop environment" (as in X-Windows) for Debian Linux, which is in progress as I'm writing this. I did not opt to put one on because I was getting impatient for the network install to complete.
I'm able to SSH into the Debian box, but then I realized something: I don't know anything about how to get around a bash prompt in Debian. In SuSE I can more or less do anything but Debian is a different animal, so... I need some graphical environment help to get me going. Kinda sad, but hey, I've never used Debian so I'm allowed. 🙂
9 days until the next newsletter. Don't miss out.
👍 Like this article? Send a tip.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Cheap guitar collectible for end of 2021, Squier Bullet Stratocaster HT
- There's still a need for the Tascam DP-006
- This year's Thanksgiving guitar, Gretsch G5031FT Rancher
- A thing to watch out for with cheap Strat copy guitars
- Burgundy Mist makes an appearance on a very affordable Telecaster
- Two mailing address solutions we don't use but should
- Bad vision friendly watch, Casio W218
- How I feel about the phone these days as a Gen-X in the 20s
- A better green Fender Telecaster
- Living with a high mileage car (over 144,000 miles!)