Tampa, I love ya!
Title of this entry from this movie where Harris K. Telemacher says "L.A. I love ya!", except I'm in Tampa... so fill in the blanks there. 🙂 (That movie is a must-see by the way.)
Yours truly now has new employment doing what I think is one of the coolest jobs on the planet: Computer recycler (more or less). Actually my technical job description is "laptop techician", but computer recycler is more befitting.
I interviewed today.
I start tomorrow.
For those in the IT world (that's "Information Technologies" for you non-computer people types), this is easily, as I said, one of the coolest jobs on the planet. I get to work in a open-air warehouse in sunny Florida wearing jeans and a t-shirt ripping apart and putting together computers of all makes, models and sizes - all day long. I do not have to deal with the customer directly whatsoever. It's a computer hardware guy's dream come true.
It gets even better - the job is less than eight miles from my apartment.
I am a very, very lucky man and I hope this job lasts a long, long time.
I'm a very happy guy right now. 😀
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984