video card b.s.
Last week a burning smell starting coming from my PC, and it was the video card. The fan on it stopping working. And of course, those fans cannot be replaced.
I bought another card from CompUSA. A BFG nVidia card which was a GeForce 210. Turns out the 210 has flickering problems if you run multiple monitors - which I do.
Bought another BFG nVidia card from NewEgg. This time I wised up and purchased an 8400 GS. Works perfectly. And, thank God, it doesn't have a fan on it. Only a heat sink - and that's fine.
Brought back the friggin' flickertastic card to CompUSA, got my money back, went back home.
Building PCs is not fun anymore. It's annoying, because crap like this never breaks on a Dell.
More articles to check out
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone