world release 11-11-11 and other tidbits
Originally I wanted to schedule my first major release on 31 Oct 2011, but because of a small delay in getting my stuff places in digital distro stores I had to pick another date. Being that 11 Nov 2011 is a week away, I figured that would be a good day to release because of the same-number thing going on. People dig that sort of thing and I do too, so 11-11-11 it is.
For the promo video (seen above, bigger version here), I decided to go with a cinematic fast-pace style and used stills with zoom movements, and I think it came out pretty good. The music heard is a clip from one of the songs on the upcoming release.
For those of you that have been following me a long time, yes it's true that this is not my first release on songs, but it is my first major release. The way I'm distributing it is that I'm using the same big-name distro methods the big boys and girls use; that's what makes it major.
Another thing is that this is truly a world release. My music will be available in just about every major digital distro place there is that covers almost everywhere on the planet where there's internet. If that doesn't count as 'world', I don't know what does. 🙂
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago