I discovered Guitar Vader on mp3.com back when that site used to host anything and everything (but unfortunately that site completely sucks now). Being that I'm a guy who'll listen to anything that I think has a cool groove to it - I gave GV a listen. Cool stuff.
I like eclectic Japanese bands, admittedly. They have a flavor that only a few of us in the 'States will ever truly understand. Guitar Vader for some reason has that certain something which is just all catchy as hell. It's catchy for the same reason Gorillaz was catchy for those who remember them.
GV also sings most of their songs in Japanese - and there is something very cool about listening to music in another langauge you don't even know. I won't bother trying to explain it. Either you get it or you don't.
So, check out Guitar Vader when you get a chance. Who knows, you may dig it.
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing