I did something that I haven't done in a while - played DOOM, as in the original. Had a blast playing it and it still holds up to this day as an awesome first-person shooter.
DOOM of course is best when played on a PC, because it just plain sucks on a console. Any console. The frame rate isn't fluid, the music is wrong, the look is wrong.. everything is wrong. DOOM is a PC-only game. Anything else just doesn't work.
Here's what DOOM looks like on the SuperNES:
Absolutely. Eff'ing. Horrible.
Here's what it's supposed to look like. This is a quick screen-capture of me playing the game:
If your DOOM doesn't look and play like that, well, you're just doing it wrong. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing