I did something that I haven't done in a while - played DOOM, as in the original. Had a blast playing it and it still holds up to this day as an awesome first-person shooter.
DOOM of course is best when played on a PC, because it just plain sucks on a console. Any console. The frame rate isn't fluid, the music is wrong, the look is wrong.. everything is wrong. DOOM is a PC-only game. Anything else just doesn't work.
Here's what DOOM looks like on the SuperNES:
Absolutely. Eff'ing. Horrible.
Here's what it's supposed to look like. This is a quick screen-capture of me playing the game:
If your DOOM doesn't look and play like that, well, you're just doing it wrong. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see