I did something that I haven't done in a while - played DOOM, as in the original. Had a blast playing it and it still holds up to this day as an awesome first-person shooter.
DOOM of course is best when played on a PC, because it just plain sucks on a console. Any console. The frame rate isn't fluid, the music is wrong, the look is wrong.. everything is wrong. DOOM is a PC-only game. Anything else just doesn't work.
Here's what DOOM looks like on the SuperNES:
Absolutely. Eff'ing. Horrible.
Here's what it's supposed to look like. This is a quick screen-capture of me playing the game:
If your DOOM doesn't look and play like that, well, you're just doing it wrong. 🙂
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago