I did something that I haven't done in a while - played DOOM, as in the original. Had a blast playing it and it still holds up to this day as an awesome first-person shooter.
DOOM of course is best when played on a PC, because it just plain sucks on a console. Any console. The frame rate isn't fluid, the music is wrong, the look is wrong.. everything is wrong. DOOM is a PC-only game. Anything else just doesn't work.
Here's what DOOM looks like on the SuperNES:
Absolutely. Eff'ing. Horrible.
Here's what it's supposed to look like. This is a quick screen-capture of me playing the game:
If your DOOM doesn't look and play like that, well, you're just doing it wrong. 🙂
Like this article?
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- You don't need a solar watch
- Is the Bic Soft Feel the perfect pen?
- How to find really cheap new electric guitar necks
- Ridiculous: Ibanez Altstar ALT30
- SX Hawk in Lake Placid Blue is good
- Guitar neck thickness vs. shoulder
- Goodbye 2021
- My mild obsession with pens and pencils
- SX Hawk from Rondo on the way, and why I bought it
- A big problem with many quartz digital wristwatches